Who can enable the Moss Receipt Finder for Gmail
Only the administrator of your organisation's Google Workspace account can enable the Moss receipt finder for Gmail. Moss Receipt Finder will only have permission to access your work Gmail account. We will not be able to access any other Google Applications (e.g. Drive, Calendar etc.)
Then a Moss Admin has to connect the receipt finder to their Moss platform.
After this, each Moss user has to enable the Moss Receipt Finder for their own Moss account, if they want to use the receipt finder.
How to enable the Moss Receipt Finder for Gmail
Moss Receipt Finder is a tool that allows your employees to automatically fetch receipts for card transactions in their corporate email inbox.
In order for Moss Receipt Finder to access Gmail accounts within your organisation, you will need to whitelist the Moss Receipt Finder application on your Google Admin Console by following the steps outlined below.
Sign in to your Google Workspace admin console using your administrator account.
Click on the "Security" icon in the dashboard.
3. Click on the "API Controls" tab.
4. Click on the "Manage Third-Party App Access" button.
5. Click on the "Add app" button next to the "Configured Apps" label and select “OAuth app name or Client ID”.
6. Enter the client ID of Moss Receipt Finder and click search
7. Click on the "Select" button to choose the app's OAuth client.
8. Click on the "Select" button to choose the app's OAuth scopes.
9. Select the organisational unit(s) that you want to whitelist the app for.
10. Choose the “Trusted” access level for the app and click "Continue".
Once you have whitelisted an app, users in your organisation will be able to access it without any restrictions based on your settings.
Learn more about the security of our Moss Receipt Finder in this article.